How to Get Your Email Marked as Spam
Guitar Center’s unsubscribe page is just begging users to report their email as spam:
- Requires that I input my email address
- I must then confirm my email
- Defaults to “send me all email communications”
Give these extra steps (a) looking back to see which email addresses is subscribed, b) double entry, and c) checking to see which option is checked) it’s far easier to simply flag it is as spam. Right? Your customers are getting educated on email security tips to flag phising etc, you dont want to end up in the same bin as them.
I understand their reasoning but with deliverability challenges as they are…I strongly recommend a less frustrating exit. You don’t want your emails to end up in the same bin as You never know, I might want to receive emails at a later data but if it’s flagged, the opportunity is lost.
- Ignoring Usability When Selecting an Email Service Provider is a Giant Waste of Money - April 21, 2021
- Email Marketing: Master Basics Before Bodacious, Please! - April 21, 2020
- Email Delivery in a Nutshell, I mean Tweet - January 27, 2020